Thursday 14 May 2015

Wash That Man Out Of My Hair shower gel: "It's a chameleon"

"You don't have to worry about me anymore! 
I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair, and send him on his way! Get the picture?"



There comes at many times in life where men or even women annoy us on a day to day base.  It may be our other halves, a family member, our boss, a colleague or perhaps even a stranger!  So the idea of washing our annoyance away is pretty appealing.  Currently only exclusive to Lush's new Oxford Street flagship store and one of the three new shower gels, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a bottle of Wash That Man Out Of My Hair.  At first I didn't know whether to get this shower gel as I've never smelt Cocktail or Love perfume to know it's scent.  With a seductive name you'd need to live under a rock not to be a little interested.  And being named after the South Pacific 'Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair' song, it couldn't be more fitting for this red gem.  

There's been rumours here and there about what this gel actually smells like and all of the ones I've heard don't match up.  In my opinion, this doesn't smell like Fizzbanger bath bomb and it doesn't smell like The Lonely Heart bubble bar.  It's actually a chameleon.  When I smelt this from the bottle I absolutely hated the smell, I felt major regret and upset for not only buying a bottle but getting a 500g bottle, and wanted to sell it right away.  I tried it out on my skin immediately because if I didn't I never would, and what left me speechless was how amazing this smells on the skin.  How can something smell so horrendous in the bottle but so fantastic on the skin?

From the bottle the first two things I smell are the Lavender and Jasmine.  Any obsessed Lushies like myself I hope will be able to imagine this - think of floating flower and french kiss mashed together.  That's how this smells straight from the bottle.  I hated this shower gel the second it's fragrance hit my nostrils.  I hate jasmine since it gives me a sore head and makes me feel rather faint, and occasionally I find lavender a little overpowering so these two combined was a hellish concoction.

But outside of the bottle and onto the skin is a totally different story... It somehow transforms into a really nice fragrance I can't pull my nose from.  Wash That Man is Jasmine dominated with underlying notes of watery fruit juice.  I really want to say tropical fruit but I don't want people to automatically think I mean Yuzu and Cocoa tropical.  It's kind of like the smell of fruit squash and jasmine together.  It's a really fresh clean smell, and by this I mean I wouldn't be surprised to smell this on clean laundry/bedding.
 

It's colour is a luminous red that reminds of Lush's Christmas shower gel Hot Toddy.  Whilst the gel is thick in hands and washing mitts, it's rather runny from the bottle compared to Don't Rain On My Parade and Beautiful.  My bottle actually leaked a little in transit because it ran out from the bottle and into the cap.  But the gel lathers well and I'd say a little is enough since the lather builds more and more.  You don't need to repeatedly get handfuls of the gel from the bottle because the lather disappears.



The only thing other than my initial hatred that I'm not a fan of is I feel this is a little more drying on the skin than other shower gels.  I can only guess this is perhaps due to a lack of moisturising oils and the guava and fig juices.  

But as I wrote above, it is a chameleon.  Personally, I think the fragrance of this gel will blend with anything used in conjunction.  I can see African Paradise, Ro's Argan, King of Skin, Buffy and Aqua Marina blending with this beautifully.  It also changes from an upbeat fragrance to a relaxing one - another element of the Jasmine and Lavender battling it out.

What I find sad is how I couldn't smell the Guava and Fig from the bottle and whilst using it, because of how strong the Jasmine and Lavender are.  It is only until I smelt my skin after my shower I got a brief smell of these juices underneath a blanket of Jasmine.

But Lush sum up Wash That Man perfectly as 'empowering'.   That is exactly what I feel after using Wash That Man.  I want to keep sniffing myself and I can feel myself more confident in how I walk.  It may be a psychological effect more so than physical but it works no matter how it's explained.  In saying that, I still can't get by how strong the Jasmine is in this shower gel.  It's far too strong for my liking and I hate using it in the shower.  It is for that reason I certainly wouldn't buy this shower gel again.  Just because I like the outcome and how I smell from this gel, it doesn't make up for how drying it is and how much I hate its fragrance whilst using it in the shower.  

All in all I can see this shower gel ensnaring people from it's tempting colour and fun filled name but for me that's where it ends.  A shower gel with Jasmine, Lavender and Rose I would have thought would be rather nice but now I know that was naive of me.  Lavender and Jasmine are two really strong scents and I feel in the bottle they battle against each other.  They continue this battle throughout its use until suddenly Jasmine wins.  This is the perfect shower gel for Jasmine lovers, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with skin problems such as eczema because I find it rather drying.  This one ain't for me I'm afraid... Sad days.  But I did enjoy washing myself with this and having my hand covered in red.  I liked falling back dramatically into the shower wall pretending I'd been shot in the series finale of my favourite TV show.




Thanks for reading!
Instagram: @lushvoyage




Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lavender, Jasmine and Rose Petal Infusion, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Lactic Acid, Fresh Fig Juice, Gardenia Extract, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Coumarin, *Geraniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Famesol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Bergamot Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Lavender Oil, Rose Absolute, Sandalwood Oil, Ylang Ylang Absolute, Colour 14700, Colour 19140, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
*Occurs naturally in essential oils
Suitable for Vegans



Photo of Wash That Man:















No comments:

Post a Comment