Sunday 17 May 2015

Daddy-O shampoo review: "Hypnotic without a doubt"

Daddy-O sweet violet shampoo
Daddy-O was the first shampoo I ever used by Lush and I have strayed and returned to it many times.  When I gave it up I had much lighter and blonder hair to what I have now, so I didn't think this was the best match for my hair.  Daddy-O assures people this isn't just for blondes and greys but is also suitable for brunettes too.  With the promise this will make hair bright and shiny, and it's metallic purple colour, who wouldn't be tempted by this?

Daddy-O smells like parma violet sweets.  It's nothing like Lush's Ultraviolet bubble bar, Kerbside Violet perfume, Hoppity Poppity bath bomb or any other kinds of violet products.  It stands alone in the fragrance department which is rather sad.  It's a sweet violet opposed to an earthy one.  But! Lush Oxford Street have created a counter part in a hair conditioner for this shampoo.  It's called Super Daddy-O and is a little purple solid block.  But yes Daddy-O shampoo does actually smell like parma violet sweets.  Exactly like them.

Even though Daddy-O isn't my favourite smelling shampoo it appears (so far) to be the best one to match my hair type (fine, frizzy and curly hair that can occasionally be thick).  It helps battle the frizz my hair always has and tends to mold it to a better shape for my face rather than big, bouncy and uncontrollable hair.  Daddy-O seems to make my hair flatter and less curly which I haven't made my mind up if I like or not.  But what I can't argue is how soft my hair is afterwards and how long my hair remains clean.  With Daddy-O I don't need to do anything to my hair - straighten, curl and so on - as my hair naturally responds to it.  It's like the shampoo gives my hair orders and it obliges.  


Containing fresh lemon and seaweed infusion to give the hair shine and body whilst being gentle to the scalp, extra virgin coconut oil conditions and adds moisture to the hair to ensure locks will be super soft.  Whilst lime juice, violet leaf absolute and cananga oil come together to give Daddy-O an uplifting and joyful fragrance.

I've heard some rumours here and there about Daddy-O dying people's hair purple.  And whilst I'm sorry for the people that experienced these problems - I've never experienced this and want to encourage people to not be discouraged by these horror stories.

It's metallic purple colour is what attracted me to Daddy-O in the first place.  I was like King Candy in Wreck-it Ralph being drawn into the cola bottle mentos mountain.  It's colour adds to how exciting Daddy-O is to use since it's so peculiar.  It's kind of like spilled petrol where all the colours mesmerize people.  Hypnotic without a doubt.  Rubbing Daddy-O between the hands gets a good and big lather building quickly which somehow gets even bigger when applied to the hair.  A little amount (like in the picture above) is enough to do a shoulder to chest length hair style.  And when hair dries the fragrance lingers for hours on end.  I wouldn't say it's as strong as Curly Wurly where the fragrance remains for days, but it is strong and will surely capture attention from all angles.

After using Daddy-O once, there's a noticeable change to how soft hair is which I found impressive.  Daddy-O leaves hair soft and conditioned without following with a conditioner too.  It's a lovely fragranced shampoo, great design outside and inside and will leave your hair in a much healthier and happier condition than what it was before Daddy-O stepped into the shower.










Thank you for reading!
Instagram: @lushvoyage


Ingredients: 






  • Fresh Organic Lemon and Seaweed Infusion, 
  • Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,
  • Sodium Laureth Sulfate, 
  • Fresh Sea Water, 
  • Perfume, 
  • Cocamide MEA, 
  • Propylene Glycol
  • Glycol Cetearate, 
  • Fresh Organic Lime Juice, 
  • Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 
  • Violet Leaf Absolute,
  • Rose Absolute, 
  • Bergamot Oil, 
  • Cananga Oil, 
  • *Limonene 
  • *Linalool 
  • *Citronellol, 
  • Coumarin
  • Isoeugenol
  • Alpha Isomethyl Ionone
  • Benzyl Alcohol
  • Hexyl Cinnamal
  • Colour 42090
  • Colour 17200
  • Methylparaben
  • Propylparaben 
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment