Saturday 30 May 2015

Error 404 bath bomb review: "It is interesting"

Originally Error 404 was a hidden freebie within the depths of the Lush UK website where you could only get one per order.  Free of charge and appealing to justify the postage of constant kitchen orders, something many of us Lushies were very happy about.  However the errors eventually disappeared and were never to be seen again... 
Only kidding! The Lush Kitchen has made this bath bomb two or three times since but has charged a price of £4.04.  A brassy beauty with intriguing patterns and designs all over, Error 404 is attractive to Lushies just like Magpies are attracted to silver.


I'll mention here that this isn't a favourite bath bomb of mine and I wouldn't use it again - actually I've only ever used it twice and never again.  The biggest reason being that this has a scent of baby powder/talc.  I know that the fragrance of baby powder is really popular and a hit with people but I just don't get it if I'm honest.

The bomb had many changes - the brass layer disappeared, the bomb became a turquoise colour, it then changed to a darker royal blue colour and finally changed to gold.  Four colour changes is rather impressive once compared to the average bath bomb Lush creates so it gets ten points in that department.  However, with Granny Takes A Dip, The Experimenter and The Luxury Lush Pud this little guy hides in their shadows.  And with good reason.  It isn't really colourful and the colours don't fizz out like a rainbow, but rather one at a time, which is a personal preference.

When the bomb fizzed away after 5 minutes and everything was settling I felt the fragrance died away entirely.  I couldn't smell anything - it was discreetly there for the beginning but it didn't stay long which was really disappointing.  I had to near enough dunk my nose in the water to get a hint of the fragrance.  But it did take a couple of minutes to fizz away due to the Cream of Tartar which is good for people who like a show.  Cream of Tartar tends to leave skin smooth - but some Lushies have said it can leave them with dry skin too - my skin wasn't left conditioned or softened as it usually is with most bath bombs.  As well as this, Error 404 is covered in brassy glitter just like Golden Egg is with gold glitter.  I fully expected to exit the bath covered in glitter but nada.  There was very little glitter left on my skin which I'm okay with but another surprise with Error 404 to note.  My skin was left just the way it was before I entered my bath and there wasn't a hint of fragrance left lingering on the skin either.

When I used Error 404 it was a freebie and not bought.  Considering it was a free bath bomb I didn't really want to knock this product much since I felt it was like throwing Lush's kindness in their face.  However, I'm not hesitating to now say that this bath bomb really sucks unless you love the scent of baby powder.  With no skin benefiting ingredients and not many oils I don't understand why this bath bomb is so highly priced.  It's more expensive than Geo Phyzz for goodness sake!  Error 404 isn't anything exciting beyond it's popular scent and rainbow magic so don't be fooled.  It's price isn't worth the bath experience it gives.

All in all Error 404 gives an entertaining colour show and that's about it for me.  It is interesting but not enough to make it a good bomb.  I don't recommend this bath bomb to anyone in need of good skin conditioning as I find it's targeted more toward aromatherapy bath times.  Anyone who loves baby powder scents will love Error 404 without a doubt.  Whilst you fans and lovers enjoy it I can avoid it entirely and enjoy my kind of bath bombs with an easy mind.




Thanks for reading!

Instagram: @lushvoyage



Photos of Error 404:




Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Rosewood Oil, Geranium Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Cream of Tartar, Gardenia Extract, Water, Lilial, *Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, *Linalool, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Antique Gold Lustre, Bronze Splendour Lustre, Glacier Blue Lustre
*Occurs naturally in essential oils
Suitable for Vegans



No comments:

Post a Comment