Tuesday 16 June 2015

Violet Nights Bath Oil

Violet Nights was one of my first ever Lush Kitchen products and I bought it to celebrate my exams finishing.  I bought this on a pure whim thinking full heartedly I couldn't not like it because I assumed it would smell like parma violets.  I was very lucky, because initially I didn't like Violet Nights as my hope for a Daddy-O fragranced oil fell through.  Violet Nights isn't anything like the violet scents Lush have been producing but it's fragrance can be found in their Tuca Tuca.  The bottle reads Violet Nights "will leave your skin as smooth as silk" which isn't an exaggeration I swear.

As I wrote above, Violet Nights isn't like Daddy-O or Lush's earthy violet scents in Ultraviolet, but more of a blend in between somewhere.  It isn't candy-violet like the shampoo and it isn't grassy/earthy like the bubble bar.  It's rather strange to explain.  It has the distinctive violet background which is sweetened beautifully by the addition of vanilla.  It's actually the same scent as Tuca Tuca for anyone who has smelt that - so you have your answer.  Violet Nights is a nice addition to Lush's current taste for violet.  The shower gel Don't Rain On My Parade smells just like it which I'm very pleased about.  Finally Lush are going for a sweet violet!

Whilst £14 may at first seem pricey and too costly it is in fact fair.  You see, there is no way anyone would use this less than at least ten times (especially when bath combos happen).  In the long run it is a cost effective product but on the other hand, you don't get the variety of ten different kinds of bath bombs.

The oil from the bottle is a very deep and dark purple colour but the most peculiar part is... It is a milky cloudy colour when poured into the bath!  The colour outcome is most strange indeed.  Some people will love it and some will hate it but honestly it just makes Violet Nights even more special.  The first time I used this I expected the water to be a lilac colour at least.  But no it was like a murky white colour that once you've seen it and experienced with - you couldn't imagine it to be anything else.

I left the bath with silky and soft skin that felt and smelt incredible.  Containing Soya Oil makes Violet Nights a really rich skin benefiting product since this oil softens and conditions the skin.  The difference in how soft skin is after using Violet Nights is undeniable.  My skin didn't feel dried up but rather silky and soft.  I guarantee anyone who buys this bath oil will be enthralled with it entirely.  I could see all the oils in the water showing just how rich Violet Nights is.  Depending on how this bath oil is used it can also create a foam layer just like bubble bars do.  However, the foam layer I found was very different to what bubble bars produce - it was softer which I preferred.
I found this to help really relax me and comfort me - especially when I paired it up with The Comforter bubble bar.  It is one of the best (if not THE best) bath combo's you could try.  Trust me, you need to try that out!

Violet Nights is the kitchen product I'd still argue should be available in store.  This gives everyone a magnificent bath that undoubtedly would be suitable for Cleopatra.  It's different from all of the other bath time products and I've heard other customers ask employees if Lush do any bath oil when I've been in store.  With the Oxford Street bath oils proving popular and a treat, Lush should really think about bringing this purple beauty back to shelves... Nevertheless, we'll enjoy the new bath oils Lush are offering us but will continue to indulge in Violet Nights when the kitchen makes it.





Thanks for reading!

Instagram: @lushvoyage


Photos of Violet Nights:









Ingredients: Soya OilLaureth 4, Perfume, Cassie Absolute, Fair Trade Vanilla AbsoluteSandalwood OilVetivert OilViolet Leaf AbsoluteYlang Ylang Oil, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, *Citronellol, *Eugenol, *Benzyl Alcohol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 60725, Propylparaben
Suitable for Vegans

No comments:

Post a Comment