Tuesday 2 June 2015

Lord of Misrule shower cream: "I am he who smells divine"


Don't be scared, don't scream or shout, don't try to escape... I am he who all loves.  I am he who all desire.  I am he who smells divine.  I am the Lord of Misrule.

Yes! Lush have finally acted on the cries and pleas from Lushies far and wide to finally introduce Lord of Misrule to Lush's all year round line up(fingers crossed it's nationwide!). Usually a bath bomb released during the Halloween and Christmas season for anyone who does not know, Lush have finally captured this mischievous scent in a newly created shower cream.

So Beware... Continue reading to be bewitched and spellbound into a magical world where you can summon your inner Lord of Misrule.



Lord of Misrule has the signature fragrance of the bath bomb.  But when I smelt this from the bottle I knew I'd smelt something very similar in another form.  At Halloween Yankee Candle releases their seasonal candles and ironically one of their candles has the exact same fragrance as Lord of Misrule.  This candle is called Witches Brew.  But for those of you who have not smelt either of these products, Lord of Misrule smells like a mash up of patchouli oil and vanilla with a little sprinkle of pepper.  There's an earthy/airy aroma by the patchouli which is sweetened by the presence of vanilla.  And just slightly on top of these aromas is a spicy note by the black pepper.  It's absolutely gorgeous.

All of the new shower creams have different ingredients to provide the 'cream' effect.  Yuzu and Cocoa has cocoa butter, Comforter has almond oil, and Lord of Misrule contains wheatgerm oil.  I found this a really peculiar addition to the ingredient list since wheatgerm oil is a vegetable oil usually used in diets.  It's high in vitamin E and has numerous health benefits.  On the bottle Lush explain wheatgerm oil is included to provide a creamier texture on the skin and will leave your skin "strokably soft".

And it is indeed true! Lord of Misrule does leave the skin soft and smooth.  Albeit the bottle reads 'shower cream' I'd say this isn't anything like a cream or lotion as it isn't thick outside of the bottle.  It's actually quite runny and spreads almost water thin.  It doesn't have the consistency of a shower gel either, making this a totally different shower experience to Lush's usual shower gel.  But the strangest part is Lord of Misrule doesn't really lather.  I can create a small foam but it mainly spreads across the skin like a body conditioner.  This is the biggest difference I noticed and believe this is where the 'shower cream' design kicks in.  It is a noticeable difference in consistency when all you've ever used by Lush is their shower gels.


Also, the signature fragrance of Lord of Misrule magnifies within the shower tenfold.  It's a really relaxing and sensual fragrance that takes you to your happy place.  I didn't want my shower to end!  But it didn't end there.  My skin smelt sooooooooo good.  It really is a blend of what the smell is in the bottle and I've been told I smell really good when I've used this.  So without a doubt this leaves such a strong scent on the skin and lasts hours on end.  At least five hours.


I've actually been really impressed with how effective all three of Lush's shower creams have been.  I admit albeit a little embarrassed I also suffer from "chicken skin" aka Keratosis Pilaris which is loads of little lumps like swollen pores on the body.  For me it's on my upper arms and only there.  The success is that my chicken skin is gone! Yay! Gone, gone, gone! Just like eczema these have always made me a little self-concious.  So I am absolutely thrilled the creams have cleared this up.

I recommend LOM for anyone who is a massive fan of the bath bomb and has withdrawl from it who don't have anymore in their stash and have to wait for Halloween.  I recommend it for it's skin benefits and pleasant shower experience.
Lord of Misrule has taken his time to transform into something more than a bath bomb.  And what can I say he came through in not just an incredible shower cream but also a body butter and FUN (Rough With The Smooth and Monsters and Aliens FUN).  The shower cream is a fantastic creation and fingers crossed an outstanding addition to Lush's product range.  I really don't see why they won't let this mischievous ruler rule the land because he would dominate their sales without a shadow of doubt.  And he would enchant us Lushies every single time we bathe and shower.  Since after all, he is the Lord of Misrule.





Thanks for reading!

Instagram: @lushvoyage




Photos of Lord of Misrule shower cream:






Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Patchouli and Peppercorn Infusion, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Lactic Acid, Organic Wheatgerm Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Patchouli Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Titanium Dioxide, *Limonene, *Linalool, Snowflake Lustre, Colour 42090, Colour 47005, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
*Occurs naturally in essential oils
Suitable for Vegans





No comments:

Post a Comment