Friday 13 March 2015

Golden Egg Review - 'Golden Egg really is one of Lush's most specialbath products a Lushie can try'

As of late, at least one product from Lush's seasonal goodies is a beautiful, sparkling, glitter bomb (or bubble bar).  There was Sparkly Pumpkin in the Halloween Collection, 
Holly Go Lightly bubble bar and Star Light Star Bright bath melt in the Christmas Collection and the Lonely Heart bubble bar in the Valentines Collection.  And in the delightful 2015 Easter Collection there is once again Golden Egg.

Golden Egg is the bath bomb/bath melt all lush employees seem quite pleased to see the back of when Easter is over.  Glitter goes everywhere and I mean everywhere.  There is no escape from the Golden Glitter of Golden Egg!

But whether you love or hate the glitter monster, Golden Egg really is one of Lush's most special bath products a Lushie can try.  When I first discovered Lush, it was Easter and Golden Egg was one of the first bath products I tried.  I immediately fell in love with its toffee and caramel fragrance... Its fragrance is very much like Honey I Washed the Kids soap, Honey I Washed My Hair shampoo bar and It's Raining Men shower gel.  Smelling Golden Egg and It's Raining Men together, there is a difference between the two fragrances but all in all the similarities overrule their differences.  I'm guessing it is the lack of honey in Golden Egg which causes the slight difference. 

It's price is £3.75 and it's a steal when you consider it's a bath bomb and bath melt.  When you plop the egg into the water the bath melt gets to work first and then when that's melted, the bath bomb begins to fizz away.  Trust me, you'll see the difference.  

The fragrance stays constant throughout the entire bath.  I was in the bath the other night for almost over an hour and the fragrance didn't die down whatsoever.  And the fragrance left behind on skin? YUM.  The way Golden Egg smells when picked up in store or delivered in hauls is exactly how you smell when coming out of the bath.  This would be a really good pre-outing bath product since it leaves a beautiful glitter blanket on the skin and you smell delicious, incredible and you surely will feel comfortable in your own skin.

As soon as you step into the bath you can feel within minutes your skin is moisturised and nourished.  It may feel greasy and for some people it may actually be too greasy but that's a personal preference.  Imagine your body after using King of Skin, African Paradise conditioner or Ceridwen's Cauldron bath melt.  Just don't expect to go into a bath with Golden Egg and come out with 'soft' or 'smooth' skin by the likes of Honey Bee ballistic.  The bath melt is a bath melt regardless of it being a bath bomb as well.

The only criticism I have for Golden Egg is it is one hell of a mess to clean up after using it.  Even if you just shower the bath down whilst your draining it - the glitter still sticks to the bath! It kind of annoys me that some Lush employees tell customers this doesn't happen OR a specific employee once told me; it's because I used hot water. And why wouldn't I use hot water? It's a bath! But that's really besides the point.  Please just be aware that the glitter does stick to the bath, particularly the bottom, and it will also stick to the sides if you don't hose the bath down whilst draining.   Last year I got out the bath and drained and walked away to get a drink and planned to clean it later.  When I went back... My bath looked similar to sandpaper.  And it felt like it too, actually.  It took me half an hour to clean my bath - going through a quarter of cleaning product and it ruined my cleaning cloth too.

As I previously said, Golden Egg is a treat for any Lushie to try and you'll see why yourself when you try it.  It's kind of special.  I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it before.  And I'll conclude by writing that Golden Egg is the best Easter product in the Easter Collection by Lush.










Click here to see Golden Egg demo 


Thanks for reading!

Instagram: @lushvoyage


 

Ingredients: 







  • Sodium Bicarbonate, 
  • Fair Trade Colombian Cocoa Butter, 
  • Citric Acid
  • Laureth 4,  
  • Cream of Tartar, 
  • Sodium Laureth Sulfate, 
  • Perfume
  • Sweet Wild Orange Oil, 
  • Bergamot Oil, 
  • Olive Oil
  • Cornflour, 
  • Lauryl Betaine, 
  • Amyl Cinnamal, 
  • Citronellol, 
  • Geraniol, 
  • Lilial, 
  • *Linalool, 
  • *Limonene
  • Gardenia Extract, 
  • Colour 19140:1
  • Radiant Gold Lustre, 
  • Gold Glimmer Lustre








  • No comments:

    Post a Comment